Forums Forums Classic Carburettor Forum Which carb for Fiat twin cam 2 litre?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leslie Morton 4 days, 11 hours ago.

• Author

Les Morton

I have this engine in my car and it is currently fitted with a Weber 34 ADF 54 250. I know it needs a full overhaul but was wondering if I should just buy an already refurbished carb. I can’t find this carb on your web site but have found – GENUINE WEBER 32/36 DGV CARBURETTOR (MANUAL CHOKE), Manufacturer Part Number: 22680.005. The jetting on mine and this one is quite different – so would this suit my engine or is there anything else that would do the job?

• #254 Reply

ClassicCarbs
    Keymaster

Hi Les,

I suggest you keep your original carburettor, and either have it serviced/repaired, or if you can find one, replace it with a reconditioned one.

Alternative carburettors could be made to fit, but you would have to tie-up a few loose ends to get them to work.. Jetting is not an issue, but throttle linkage, fuel union orientation etc.. etc.. can provide good reason for some head scratching.

Emmanuel

• #264 Reply

Leslie Morton

Hi Emmanuel

Thanks for coming back to me. I think I’ll take your advice and get mine reconditioned.

Les

Reply To: Which carb for Fiat twin cam 2 litre?
Your information: