Forums Forums Classic Carburettor Forum BMW E12 518 – WEBER 38 DGAS CARBURETTOR CONVERSION KIT

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ClassicCarbs 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

eilif.finsaas
    Participant

Hello,

I am wondering if your WEBER 38 DGAS CARBURETTOR CONVERSION KIT for the 2000 & 2002TI will fit my 1976 E12 518 with M10B18 engine?

It originally had a Solex DIDTA. I am pretty sure the carburetor itself will fit, but is the intake correct? Could you please provide me with the port size (length x height) of the manifolD? I am unsure wether or not the 2000 with 2.0 litre engine had bigger intake ports in the cylinder head compared to my M10B18. I am pretty sure everything else will fit.

Best regards,
    Eilif Finsaas

• #298 Reply

ClassicCarbs
    Keymaster

Hello Eilif,

I don’t know about this.. and I am out of the office until tomorrow lunchtime so cannot
    Check the manifold dimensions.

It might be worth measuring the base dimensions of your carburettor as
    I think its possible a WEBER 32/36 DGV or 38 DGMS or DGAS will go straight on to your existing manifold.

You are looking at stud mounting dimensions 93 x 46 mm

Thanks,

Emmanuel

• #301 Reply

eilif.finsaas
    Participant

Thanks for such a quick response.

It would appreciate it if you could measure the size once you get back, as i don’t have the original manifold or carburetor anymore.
    I foolishly traded the original carb and manifold for a pair of Solex 40DDH that i Am having too many difficulties fitting, so if i am able to buy one of your Weber carbs with a suitable manifold it will be alot easier for me.

Best regards,
    Eilif Finsaas

• #380 Reply

Eilif Finsaas

Hello,

Did you have a chance to measure the manifold port diameter?
    Also, will this fit a car with the steering wheel on the left side of the dashboard?

Best regards,
    Eilif

• #381 Reply

ClassicCarbs
    Keymaster

Hello Eilif,

I have just done a bit of work on the M10 engine so do understand the differences.

Basically, the manifolds for the 2.0 and the 1.6/1.8 are the same, with the exception of the ports in the head.

The 1.6/1.8 has smaller ports that the 2.0, and we don’t have a down-draft Manifold for the 1.6/1.8 M10 engine.

The 2.0 manifold will fit the head, and will probably work perfectly, but the head ports will be smaller than the manifold ports.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Reply To: BMW E12 518 – WEBER 38 DGAS CARBURETTOR CONVERSION KIT
Your information: