Forums Forums Classic Carburettor Forum BMW E12 518 – WEBER 38 DGAS CARBURETTOR CONVERSION KIT

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eilif.finsaas 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

eilif.finsaas
    Participant

Hello,

I am wondering if your WEBER 38 DGAS CARBURETTOR CONVERSION KIT for the 2000 & 2002TI will fit my 1976 E12 518 with M10B18 engine?

It originally had a Solex DIDTA. I am pretty sure the carburetor itself will fit, but is the intake correct? Could you please provide me with the port size (length x height) of the manifolD? I am unsure wether or not the 2000 with 2.0 litre engine had bigger intake ports in the cylinder head compared to my M10B18. I am pretty sure everything else will fit.

Best regards,
    Eilif Finsaas

• #298 Reply

ClassicCarbs
    Keymaster

Hello Eilif,

I don’t know about this.. and I am out of the office until tomorrow lunchtime so cannot
    Check the manifold dimensions.

It might be worth measuring the base dimensions of your carburettor as
    I think its possible a WEBER 32/36 DGV or 38 DGMS or DGAS will go straight on to your existing manifold.

You are looking at stud mounting dimensions 93 x 46 mm

Thanks,

Emmanuel

• #301 Reply

eilif.finsaas
    Participant

Thanks for such a quick response.

It would appreciate it if you could measure the size once you get back, as i don’t have the original manifold or carburetor anymore.
    I foolishly traded the original carb and manifold for a pair of Solex 40DDH that i Am having too many difficulties fitting, so if i am able to buy one of your Weber carbs with a suitable manifold it will be alot easier for me.

Best regards,
    Eilif Finsaas

Reply To: BMW E12 518 – WEBER 38 DGAS CARBURETTOR CONVERSION KIT
Your information: